Locavore and proud of it !
Where do the food products that our guests consume with us come from? For the vast majority of Périgord. It is a desire on our part to consume local and we proudly claim it.
First of all, this gesture allows us to reduce our carbon footprint and to participate at our level in the protection of the environment.
Thus, on our table you will find fresh products from the Ferme de Vialard. This group of small producers (market gardeners, breeders, various producers) has been a precursor of the short circuit since 2005. In the shop, held in turn by its members, we find meat, dairy products, cheeses, fruits and vegetables, organic bread and cakes, jams, eggs, preserves, cakes and ready meals, drinks and even beauty products and ancient seeds. In short, a real place of supply where you can find quality organic products or products from sustainable agriculture. So if you come to us, do not hesitate to go and get your supplies there to bring back in your luggage some delicious products made in Périgord.
It goes without saying that this implies respect for seasonality and the local. This is why we will serve you asparagus in April-May but not in July-August. Of course no bananas even if the climate of La Roque Gajeac is successful for bananas! On the other hand, delicious strawberries from Périgord.
The wine we offer comes from the Domaine de Combrillac owned by a young talented winegrower.
The craft beer is brewed in Saint Cyprien by an Irish brewer.
The fruits of our jams are collected from the tree by us and processed by Eric our master jam maker.
The breakfast cakes are homemade as well as our delicious yoghurts.
In short, in our guesthouse, we consume local and homemade to the delight of our guests.
In the morning, between 8:30 a.m. and 10 a.m., a delicious breakfast awaits you: homemade pastries (concocted by Nathalie), jams (prepared by Eric), homemade yogurts, fruits and vegetables, cheeses and country ham, fresh fruit juice , eggs (boiled, scrambled or fried on request), hot drinks (Damman tea, coffee, chocolate).
* breakfast is included in the price of the night
The table d'hôtes
The table d’hôtes is offered on Saturday evening from November to March (minimum of 4 participants). You will find various typical products of the Périgord region on your plate. Eric and Nathalie preferentially choose local products, in order to make you discover the culinary specialties of our beautiful region.
Depending on the season, you can taste various local specialties depending on the market supply.
Menu at 35 euros per person including: aperitif, starter, main course, dessert, wine and assortment of coffee or infusion.
N.B. : the table d’hôtes will be exceptionally proposed in high season 2022 on May 13, June 01 (full), September 07 and 09. The number of places being limited, think of booking in advance.
The gourmet plates
From April to the end of October, we offer 3 evenings per week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) our gourmet plates based on local products served at 7:30 p.m. outdoors or in our dining room depending on the weather.
You have two choices:
- La Sarladaise : foie gras for fans, an assortment of cold cuts and Périgord cheeses
- Les Bories Smoked Trout : house-smoked trout from the Eaux de l’Inval fish farm and Périgord cheeses
with a fresh seasonal salad and a fresh dessert
N.B. : due to the organization of table d’hôtes on May 13, June 01, September 07 and 09, the gourmet plates will not be offered on those evenings.
Our choice of restaurants
We have selected a few addresses that we have tested and approved … while remaining aware that everyone has their own selection criteria when it comes to the pleasures of the table.
If you choose one of the addresses selected by us, remember to book your table in advance, especially in high season.
- L’Entrepôte +33 (0)5 53 29 05 30
- Le Grand Bleu +33 (0)5 53 31 08 48
- Le Gaulois (charcuterie and cheese) +33 (0)5 53 59 50 64
- Le Meysset +33 (0)5 53 59 08 29
- L’esprit Sarlat (open for lunch and dinner 7 days a week) +33 (0)5 53 28 92 50
- Gueule et Gosier +33 (0)5 53 59 24 96
- Café Marcel (gourmet sandwiches, aperitif dinners on Friday and Saturday)
St Léon sur Vézère
- Le petit Léon +33 (0)5 53 51 18 04 (a big hit with Chef Honeyman’s dishes)
- Le déjeuner sur l’herbe (Snack)
- Le petit Paris +33 (0)5 53 28 41 10
La Roque Gajeac
- La Meynardie, 1 star Michelin +33 (0)5 53 28 85 98
- La petite Tonnelle +33 (0)5 53 29 95 18
- Ô Moulin +33 (0)5 53 30 13 55
- Les Glycines, 1 star Michelin +33 (0)5 53 06 97 07